Writing for the blogosphere can be a little intimidating! In preparation for this post, I asked the Lord to help me to write this as if He were the one doing it – as if He were sitting here at my computer. While I am sharing my heart in this post, I am endeavoring also to share the heart of the One who came to “seek and to save that which was lost.” It is my goal to lift up Christ and encourage each of us.

More than a President, a Senator, a Governor, or whomever else you want to name (and we’ve all heard about the need of these people recently) – more than any of those people or things, this world needs Jesus. I’m speaking of the same Jesus that Christians have in our very hearts and lives. Further, I am referring to the same Jesus that we talk to when we need His help or wisdom – the one that is able to do the miraculous. If it’s still not clear, I’m talking about the same Jesus that came to die for their faults and failures just as much as He did for ours. Okay, you get it, they need the one and only Jesus – the Son of God and the only one that is able to save souls. 

More than anything, I believe people are searching for peace – the peace that passeth all understanding (Phil. 4:7). When we go to the store and see someone who looks so “messed up,” could it be that they long to have the peace that we have because of Jesus? When we see a waiter that looks down and discouraged, perhaps he is longing to have the peace that we have because of Jesus. When we see someone begging for money on the side of the road, maybe they long to have the peace that we have because of Jesus. When we see a young girl trying to get a new boyfriend after one fails her, maybe she longs to have the peace that we have because of Jesus.

May we not be quick to judge or condemn those people, but instead, remember WHO we belong to and see the need of their soul (Ephesians 2:21-22).

The things going on in the world are very sad. And, yes, they can be scary too. But, now more than ever, this should encourage us to just share Jesus. Those without Christ are condemned already – so, rather than heaping up more condemnation upon them, let’s show them that Jesus loved them enough to die for them. He did all this to move them from condemnation to eternal life. We have the solution to their problem!

The world wants peace, and we know where to find it.

Through His peace, we can live in victory when our hearts are moved by the thought of eternity. We have troubles or afflictions, but our eyes aren’t the only two that can see, and our troubles aren’t where we should focus. These earthly things don’t go with us, but people’s souls will end up in eternity. If we share Jesus, then others can spend all of eternity in Heaven with Him too.  

2 Corinthians 4:16-18, “For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I know there are so many ways to expand on this topic and so many things to say but I want to keep it simple, let’s share Jesus.

It can sometimes sound cliché to us but that’s just when we need to get on our knees and ask the Lord to revive us. We are a product of His grace and a testimony of His mercy – we are a work of God. We can’t compare someone in the world that is searching for peace and yet so empty of it.  As believers – people who have personally experienced the love of Jesus Christ – we have so much to claim and boast in (and this boasting is in Christ and not ourselves). It’s all because of the wonderful Peace Giver. We are the recipients. However, when someone receives money into their banking account, it doesn’t just sit there. Instead, they go and use that for the expense of a need. Let’s go and take Christ in us and share Him for the expense of another soul’s need.

Let’s share the Peace that passes all understanding with the world so desperately looking for it.

Let’s share Jesus! It’s a dark world…we can 

carry the light!