God is good. All of the time. We know it, but sometimes we don’t think about God’s goodness often. Believe me, I am as guilty as the next person. We go through our everyday life, and everything is going according to our plan. We don’t really need to ask God for anything, and we forget to think about Him and how good He truly is to us. 

The Bible says in Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.”

God is working for us. We may not see it now, but in the grand scheme of things, God is working on our behalf.

You are probably asking God for something in life at this very moment, and He isn’t giving it to you. But God doesn’t withhold good from us; He has something better for us, and we just need to wait a little longer.  Psalm 34:8 instructs us, “O taste and see that the Lord is good: Blessed is the man that trusteth in Him” (KJV). That phrase “O taste and see” means, in my own words, “Hey, come see God in all of His awesomeness and wonder, and I promise you’ll see His goodness in your life!” 

God is so good to us. Sometimes, though, we kind of expect it, and if God isn’t good to us, we get upset or frustrated. But He says that He is good, and we His people who trust in Him, are blessed! I mean, how amazing is it to know that God is good to you AND you’re blessed!?

James 1:17, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” 

Everything good we have is from God. You know what astounds me? That we literally deserve none of this, yet He still gives it to us because He loves us. There’s no variableness with God. He doesn’t change EVER. The weather may change, people in your life may change–your job may change, but God is always the same. 

by Rummey Turner