God is good, and He is good all of the time. This is not a new truth – we know this but intuitively and scripturally. Yet, sometimes we fail to think about God’s goodness often. Believe me, I am as guilty as the next person. We go through our everyday life, and everything is going according to our plan. We do not really need to ask God for anything, and we forget to think about Him and how good He truly is to us. 

A favorite verse for many is applicable here. The Bible teaches us an important principle in Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.”

You may be asking God for something in life at this very moment, and perhaps He is not giving it to you. Can I encourage you with this simple truth? God doesn’t withhold good from us; He has something better for us, and we just need to wait a little longer.  Psalm 34:8 instructs us, “O taste and see that the Lord is good: Blessed is the man that trusteth in Him” (KJV). That phrase “O taste and see” means, in my own words, “Hey, come see God in all of His awesomeness and wonder, and I promise you’ll see His goodness in your life!” 

God is so good to us. Sometimes, though, we kind of expect it, and if God is not good to us (at least, from our perspective and what we believe “good” is), we get upset or frustrated. But He says that He is good, and we His people who trust in Him, are blessed! I mean, how amazing is it to know that God is good to you AND you’re blessed!?

Everything good we have is from God. You know what astounds me? That we literally deserve none of this, yet He still gives it to us because He loves us. There’s no variableness with God. He does not change – EVER. The weather may change, people in your life may change–your job may change, but God is always the same. 

CONCLUSION

Today’s post is a reminder of a truth that we can take for granted – a truth that we can fail to live out practically in our daily life. May we never forget that we serve a good God. He is not waiting in Heaven to give us everything we ask for (like a cosmic Santa); rather, He is giving us what He knows to be the very best for us. He is a good God and we can trust Him.