As a student at Veritas Baptist College, you will have a wide range of financial aid opportunities available. Explore the categories of aid here and learn more detailed information about aid and scholarships at Financial Aid Process.
- Grants- The federal Pell Grant is available to undergraduates and does not to have to be repaid. It can be used for tuition, fees, books, and living expenses. Awards are based on FAFSA results.
- Loans- Awards are based on FAFSA results.
A PLUS loan is offered to parents of students enrolled at least half time. They are the financial responsibility of the parents, not the student. If the student agrees to make payments on the PLUS loan but fails to make the payments on time, the parents will be held responsible.
Federal loans are awarded to students who have completed the FAFSA and who qualify based on financial need and are enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours per semester for undergraduate/4.5 credit hours per semester for graduate). The primary loans available are the direct Stafford subsidized loan (the government pays the interest while you are in school) and the direct Stafford unsubsidized loan (you pay all the interest, although you can have the payments deferred until after graduation).
- Scholarships – VBC offers a variety of scholarships. The scholarship application submission deadline is August 1. Click here for more information.
- Military Tuition Assistance – This is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process, and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual services. Click here for more information. Click here to submit the Military Benefit Form.
- Veterans Benefits – Veterans should apply for benefits here, then submit their DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility to the registrar’s office with their application for admission. Courses are certified after acceptance and registration. Click here to submit the Military Benefit Form.
FAFSA is required for VBC grants, loans, and scholarships.